SilverDoor Limited trading as Citybase Apartments ("we", "us", "our") takes your data privacy seriously and we
are commitment to ensuring the privacy and safeguard of your data on our group technology platforms.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we
will treat it.
- About Us
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is SilverDoor
Limited (company number: 03950962) trading as Citybase Apartments, whose registered office is 3
Dukes Gate, Chiswick, London, W4 5DX.
- We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office with registration
- Information we may collect
- We may collect and process the following information about you so that we can provide you with our
service as effectively as is possible. We may collect and process:
- information that you provide by filling in forms or posting enquiries on our websites,
www.silverdoorapartments.com, www.citybaseapartments.com and
www.central-london-apartments.com (our "websites");
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of transactions you carry out and details of any reservations made;
- details of visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location
data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing
purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access; and
- your contact details if you become a subscriber to our mailing list.
- With regard to each of your visits to our websites we may automatically collect the following
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your
computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone
setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream
to, through and from our websites (including date and time); page response times, download
errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling,
clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We may collect the information referred to in clause 2.2 for system administration, to
report aggregated information to our advertisers or otherwise in accordance with this
does not identify any individual.
recognise you when you return to our websites and estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include,
for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites or
make use of reservation services.
- Analytical/performance cookies.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors
move around our websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way
our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are
looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our websites. This enables us to
personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences
(for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies.
These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the
links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the
advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share
this information with third parties for this purpose.
- For more information on cookies and instructions on disabling them please visit
- How we use your Information
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and/or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and/or services we offer that are
similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about
products and/or services we feel may interest you, where you have consented to such contact;
- to notify you about changes to our websites and/or our services;
- to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you
and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites, when you choose to do
- for internal record keeping.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to process and administer online reservations;
- to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data
analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to
deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to build marketing profiles;
- to send you newsletters and/or marketing material we feel may interest you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about
products and/or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect
about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out
above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your Information
- We may share your information with third parties, including:
- our analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and
optimisation of our websites;
- our business partners or suppliers, for the performance of any contract we enter
into with you (either directly or as agent for any of our property partners) and in
order to provide you with the products and/or services that you order from us or our
- carefully selected third party providers who may provide you with information about
similar products and/or services, where you have consented to such contact;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve
relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about
identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate
information about our users; and
- our review partners, Trustpilot.co.uk, who we may pass your first name, email
address and booking number. Trustpilot will process this information for the sole
purpose of sending you review invitation emails and will delete your data within 30
days of sending you an invitation email. Trustpilot does not have the authority to
use your data for any other purpose and will never pass it on to any third parties.
- We may disclose your information to other third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may
disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which
case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply
with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our websites T&Cs
or other agreements; or
- We continuously review and update our administrative and technical security mechanisms to protect
your information against unauthorised access, loss or alteration. Whilst we will take all reasonable
steps to ensure that the information you provide will be kept secure from unauthorised access the
Internet is not a totally secure environment and we cannot guarantee that the information will be
secure during transmission by you to our websites.
- When you make a booking or enter personally identifying information your payment details are
transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.
- Operating Worldwide
- As we advertise serviced apartments worldwide there may be occasions where it may be necessary to
transfer your data outside of the European economic area. By submitting your personal data, you
agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure
Your continued use of our websites after the posting will signify your agreement to the new policy.
- Your Rights
- You have the right to ask to see the information that we hold about you and you may ask us to make
any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this,
please contact our Technology team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director at email@example.com
This version was issued 1st December 2017